"The National Club offers its members and guests a private, downtown enclave rich in relationships, a celebrated heritage and unrivalled service."
The National Club is a welcoming community where personal and professional relationships are nurtured, and where innovation, diversity and thought leadership are cultivated.
In a prestigious, well-maintained, heritage clubhouse in the heart of Toronto’s financial district, The National Club serves as its members’ home and office away-from-home. Members come together to share their ideas and opinions on life, business and community. The National Club encourages its members to be active and engaged citizens. Through ongoing networking and social events, members cultivate long-lasting relationships in Canada, and through a network of reciprocal clubs, around the world.
The National Club was founded seven years after Confederation, as a home for the Canada First Party. Housed originally near the former site of the Toronto Stock Exchange, the club moved to our present home at 303 Bay Street in 1907. The National Club remains a favourite downtown meeting place for Canada’s business and political leaders.
In 1999 The National Club celebrated a major milestone...
“…to Recognize our 125th Anniversary, we felt it should be fun and might even be instructive to look at some highlights of our colourful past. We hope you enjoy this brief history, and that the next 125 years will be equally memorable.”
- G.A. Fierheller, President 1998-1999
Please follow the link below to read a brief history of our first 140 years.